Thursday, April 16, 2009

Celia Birtwell

Celia Birtwell is one of those rare designers who successfully manage to re-invent their design output to the fashions of the time. From her celebrated partnership with fashion designer Ossie Clark during London's swinging 60's, through to her interior furnishings business based in Notting Hill today, Birtwell's designs retain her original and distinctive handwriting.


'Beasties' is one of Celia Birtwell's most popular designs and was inspired by a 16th c. V&A textile fragment. It is one of my favourite textile designs.


Printed linen from the 'Jacobean' collection. I love this one too....

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful. I saw a brilliant programme last year about her work, she's amazing.

    Your blog makes me happy! (And I've only looked at two posts so far!)

    ReplyDelete