Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A lovely tale - Cinnamon Baby

I came across this beautifully illustrated book on the weekend whilst browsing the well stocked shelves of children's picture books at the Hill of Content Bookshop, Bourke St, Melbourne.


Cinnamon Baby is a contemporary fable celebrating the special bond between mother and child, and is an ode to the power of the senses.

Miriam is a baker who makes the most delicious concoctions, including a cinnamon bread so delightful that a musician named Sebastian buys a loaf of the bread every day for a year. Sebastian falls in love with Miriam and asks her to marry him, and before long a beautiful baby is born to the happy couple.



All is blissful until one day the baby starts crying, and crying, and crying..... Miriam and Sebastian find themselves at their wits end, unable to soothe the wailing child.


Early one morning Miriam suddenly has an idea... and once again all is well in their world.

Cinnamon Baby is written by Nicola Winstanley, and illustrated by Janice Nadeau.
First Published in Canada by Kids Can Press Ltd, 2011.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie,
    I've finally just got round to blogging about my plates in HB mag - and I've also mentioned you're blog write up too! I've linked back to your blog so hope this is OK.
    Hope the crazy world of freelancing is treating you well. Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous! I buy childrens book for the illustrations for my little man (sometimes for me)!! There are some beautiful books out there :)

    ReplyDelete