Friday, October 12, 2012

A floral filled Friday

The sun is shining, the summer flower beds have been dug and planted (dahlias, marigolds, salvia and delphiniums),  and the garden is slowly coming into bloom. 
My desk is happily covered in pages of floral watercolour textile designs. 
The foxgloves are beginning to flower after what seemed like a very long wait (I planted these seedlings way back in February), so I will be adding this rather tricky but very beautiful flower to my long textile design subject matter to-do list!


A bunch of inspiring floral related blogs have caught my eye of late and are now firm favourites (and keep me returning again and again to my local nursery....)

Flowerona is a wonderful celebration of all things flower related by UK based Rona Wheeldon.  Rona regularly interviews talented artists and designers who are inspired by flowers. A lovely read.

101 Florals is a collaborative pattern project by US based designers Lindsay Nohl and Llew Mejia. Filled with interesting and innovative floral pattern goodness.

Cecilia Fox is a newly opened florist shop located in East Brunswick, Melbourne. The owner, Melanie, blogs about the goings-on of her floristry business and what inspires her creations.

Lindsey Myra is a Melbourne based florist, artist and designer who has recently established an urban cutting garden. Beautiful photography and a great eye for colour combinations.

Enjoy your weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Hi my friend! I wish to say that this article is amazing, nice written and come with almost all vital infos. I would like to see more posts like this .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey very nice website!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your site and take the feeds also…I’m happy to find numerous useful information here in the post, we need develop more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

    ReplyDelete