Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Stig Lindberg textiles

Stig Lindberg (1916-1982) successfully worked in a number of different design disciplines , including ceramics, children's book illustration and textile design. These wonderful and slightly surrealistic fabrics were designed during Lindberg's partnership with Sweden's Nordiska Kompaniet textile design studio.

'Herbarium' 1947

'Fruit Box' 1947

'Tally Ho' 1961

'Herbarium' 1947 - my favourite! I love this fresh colourway.

For more Swedish vintage textile loveliness, check out these two blogs:

Makiato

Re-form Dizain

Happy browsing!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting! I'm a big fan of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my favorite too. The lemongrass background is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely jubely... what a delight your eye is , god bless it and save it , just popping in via nath.s site ,really inspiring ...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your lovely comments! I love textile history so hopefully I won't prattle on too much....

    ReplyDelete