Monday, March 11, 2013

Inspired by.... Lambley Nursery


The Lambley Gardens and Nursery are located a few minutes drive west of Creswick in central Victoria.  I visited on a hot, hot Autumn day, but stepping into this beautiful green oasis set within a landscape of dry windswept plains was instantly refreshing. The temperature seemed at least a few degrees cooler.




I think a sedum flower textile design will have to go on my to-do list.....



The Dry Garden is a low-water use garden, surrounded with traditional English hedging.


                           


The old brick and stone farmhouse.




The vegetable garden.


 A richly coloured clematis.



Vibrant zinnias planted in raised garden beds. 





The cutting garden.





I love delphiniums but so do the rabbits in my garden. 
Hopefully I will have better luck growing these next year.....



The Lambley Gardens and Nursery are the work of David Glenn and the artist Criss Canning. An inspiring place to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment